Special Offers Currently Available!
INAUGURAL SALE: From now through the end of 2017, Room 209 Gaming is offering the core rulebook for 20% off cover price.
You Are In Control
Blend genres effortlessly with these easy-to-use rules, building the world you want to play. Be a barbarian starship pilot in the wild west, a magic-wielding crimebuster in the far future, a mastermind with an undead army of followers, and more! Will you be remembered as the hero of your story … or its villain?
Forthright Open Roleplay is intended to give the smoothest play experience by setting expectations up-front through a Game Charter, giving players the ability to blend genres without having to memorize extra subsystems or do extra math, and make dramatic task resolution quick and clear through non-binary on-the-die results. It blends classic best-practices with traditional roleplaying style (Guide-and-Protagonists) and storygame flavor (the effect, and not how you achieve it, is what matters mechanically).
- Fast play and light preparation
- Collaborative game creation and campaign rules
- Focus on motivations and stories, not numbers
- The Cosmetic Rule: What matters is the effect, not how you get it
- Know the consequences before you roll
- On-the-die results for fast action resolution
- Less math, more dice-rolling
- Build your own playbook / class by assembling Fighting Styles, Personas and Skillsets
- Assemble minions to do your bidding
- Rewards completing goals, not just killing monsters
- Players define their own rewards based on their unique story
- Quick, intense combat
- Stunt system for tactical use of your environment
- Seamlessly integrate personal and vehicle combat
- Easy masss combat rules
- Accept death on your terms
- Invent new rituals and devices
- Create your own sanctuary
- Control your own faction and domain
- Make friends of enemies and enemies of friends
- Manage your fame to become a legend
This game is designed for:
- 2-6 Players
- 1 or more Sessions
- 1-4 Hours per Session
- Action and Adventure
Gaming While Driving, James Carr
Garibay on RPG, Scott Garibay