Near the start of 2017, I went dark on social media to focus on completing Forthright Open Roleplay, with the intention that it would be published this year. And, happy news: we’re on track for publication in October. Here’s a quick rundown of what we’ve been up to:
- Finalized the text for the game, reducing it from over 60,000 words down to 40,000 words by focusing on clarity and concision.
- Published a release candidate of the rules on DriveThruRPG.
- Edited this updated text multiple times with editors John Adamus and S.R. Dreamholde, including some last feedback from Early Access players.
- Worked with Nathan Paoletta to develop an eye-popping and easy-to-read layout for the book.
- Thoroughly indexed the rules for a comprehensive reference experience.
- Worked with Arthur Asa to fill some last holes in the layout with fresh, new art.
Earlier today I ordered the proofs from the publisher, and am expecting them to arrive within a week or so. Once we’ve approved the proofs (which may take a couple of rounds, we’re not sure), Forthright will be available for purchase from DriveThruRPG and we will begin working to get it available in FLGSes, as well. And then you’ll be hearing a lot more from us once again!