Hello and welcome!
- Scene Structure: The arrangement of the major events that divide and define the story structure of a game of Forthright Open Roleplay.
- Awareness: Rules for senses, providing gaming groups with guidelines on how far characters can see, hear, and feel tremors through adjoining surfaces. We’re particularly proud of this section because we’ve not seen its like in other roleplaying games, and always wanted some idea on how far we could perceive.
- Hazardous Environments: Identification of how falling, fire, smoke, suffocation, intoxication, swimming, fatigue, environmental hazards and traps work. We’re quite happy with the fire rules, so make sure to check them out!
- Travel: Identification of how long travel takes (not much new there, though we’re using a slightly different math that comes up with some slightly smaller numbers than many modern systems), the value of provisions and hiring local guides, and the dangers of bad weather.
- Society: Identification of the different tiers of social status, the difficulty of getting an audience with nobles, and fully-rewritten Fame and Renown rules (which were a part of the Social Interaction chapter in 1.01). Fame and Renowns work more smoothly now, so give them a look!
- Achievement: We wrap up the chapter with the Achievement system, identifying how characters earn rewards and level up.
Please have a look and let us know what you think in the comments below. Thanks!